BOTOX® Cosmetic Treatment Specialist Q&A
If you have facial wrinkles that are making you look older than you feel, the professionals at YouthFill MD Aesthetic Injectables Medspa can help you achieve a younger-looking appearance. Call us for more information or schedule an appointment online.
Table of Contents:
Botox has become a household name due to its wide number of uses and relatively long history of use. Popularized by celebrities, Botox has maintained its title as the most commonly performed medical spa treatment in the United States for the past several years. Millions of Botox procedures are performed every year, and it is becoming increasingly popular among men. Botox can be used both therapeutically (to treat medical conditions like muscle spasms) and aesthetically (to improve a person’s appearance).
Botox is a cosmetic treatment that has become increasingly popular in recent years. Botox is very effective at temporarily stopping wrinkle formation and reducing the lines and wrinkles that form on the face when making expressions. It is often used to treat frown lines, crow’s feet, and other common signs of aging.
Botox helps relax the muscles in the face, making them harder to move, which can make lines in the face appear smoothed and more youthful. Botox is generally injected with a needle into the muscle to temporarily inhibit the facial muscles, which makes the face look smoother and tighter. The typical treatment requires multiple injections and can be repeated every three to six months, or when the effects wear off.
Although the exact method for how the procedure is performed may vary from clinic to clinic, it typically includes the following steps:
• Before starting the procedure, the administering physician will determine if the patient is a candidate for Botox injections; this may include performing an examination, discussing medical history, and asking about goals and expectations for the treatment.
• After candidacy has been established, the doctor will develop a personalized treatment plan and discuss it with the patient.
• Before administering the injections, the doctor may numb the patient’s skin in the injection area with a cold pack or anesthetic cream.
• Once the area has been numbed, the doctor will use a tiny needle to inject Botox into the muscles that cause lines and wrinkles; each injection takes a few seconds.
• The physician may provide aftercare instructions to help each patient get the most out of their treatment and to ensure longevity of results.
Botox is a prescription medicine and should be used only under the supervision of a physician, and only for those who are not allergic to the treatment. This injectable treatment is not a permanent fix for aging, but a temporary solution to ameliorate wrinkles, lines and furrows that contribute to a person’s apparent age. The results of Botox typically last around three to four months, although this timeframe is dependent upon a number of different factors, such as metabolism, lifestyle and the severity of the conditions being treated. As with all procedures that pierce the skin, there are a few potential risks and side effects associated with Botox cosmetic treatments, including swelling, redness, bruising and discomfort. The chance of infection from Botox is quite low as medical spas take several precautions to mitigate this risk. Many people receive regular follow-up Botox treatments in order to maintain their results; the frequency of these treatments can be established at a consultation.
Call us today to book an appointment with our Botox cosmetic treatment specialist; we have eight California locations to better serve you: in Los Angeles; Culver City; Glendale; Westlake Village; Woodland Hills; Mission Viejo; and Camarillo. We look forward to serving you! We serve patients from Beverly Hills CA, Burbank CA, Los Angeles CA, Hollywood CA, Santa Monica CA, Inglewood CA, and Glendale CA.