Beverly Hills, CA JUVÉDERM® Fillers
Smooth the look of wrinkles and fine lines with Youthfill MD’s Juvederm filler treatments. Restore that Youthful glow to your beautiful face today by calling our office or requesting an appointment online. We serve patients from Beverly Hills CA, Hollywood CA, Santa Monica CA, Inglewood CA, Burbank CA, Los Angeles CA, and Glendale CA.
Fillers are growing in popularity and have been for the past several years. There are many reasons for their ever-increasing popularity, including their ability to enhance an individual’s natural beauty, rejuvenate the skin and provide a more even complexion. Each year, there are new fillers coming into use. Among the most popular fillers, Juvederm has the ability to revitalize your appearance and make you feel as beautiful on the outside as you do on the inside.
How long does Juvederm® last?
Depending on a number of factors, Juvederm filler therapy can last for varying amounts of time in different patients. The type of product used is one of the main factors that determine how long Juvederm filler injections last. Juvederm comes in many different forms, each with their own use and application on a different part of the face. Some are more pliable and lighter for use in and around the mouth like Vobella. Others are more vigorous and have “lifting” characteristics such as Voluma. The duration will change based on how the product was made, depending on the specific type of filler used. Generally, more vigorous fillers like Voluma are FDA-approved to last up to 2 years, while Juvederm Ultra is FDA-approved to last up to 1 year.
Another factor that determines how long your Juvederm filler will last is the natural physical makeup of each individual. Everyone has a different metabolism and their bodies process and break things down at different rates. Each individual will have their own unique experience with a filler like Juvederm. When you notice the effect of the previous one is wearing off, you can have another Juvederm filler injection.
Is Juvederm® safe?
Overall, Juvederm is a safe treatment. It is produced by the world leader in the field of cosmetic injectable treatments, Allergan, and is well-studied with a relatively long history of use. However, like any treatment that has a real impact on our body tissues, there are some precautions and contraindications you should keep in mind when deciding whether to choose this procedure. There are some things you should always tell to your clinician, so they will either take extra precautions, change your treatment date, or advise you to refrain from the treatment:
- If you are planning treatments like laser therapy or a chemical peel on the same treatment area
- If you have a history of excessive scarring
- If you are taking immunosuppressive medications
- If you are taking any blood-thinning medications
- If you have any issues with blood clotting
- If you have any acute diseases
- If you are allergic to lidocaine
- If you are currently experiencing any inflammation near the site of injection
- Juvederm should also be avoided if you are pregnant or breastfeeding as there are no studies on Juvederm for pregnant of breastfeeding women.
What is the difference between Juvederm® and Botox®?
Juvéderm is a minimally invasive procedure, which means no surgery is required, although it does pierce the skin. Designed to “fill in” your wrinkles from underneath the skin, each solution contains a gel made from hyaluronic acid. The volumizing solution comes in different formulas to provide different aesthetic effects and treat different types of wrinkles in adults:
- Juvéderm Ultra XC, for lips and mouth area, including nasolabial lines
- Juvéderm Volbella XC, for adding volume to lips and lip lines
- Juvéderm Vollure XC, for nasolabial lines outlining your nose and mouth
- Juvéderm Voluma XC, for adding volume to the cheeks and face
- Juvéderm XC, for nasolabial lines, as well as other wrinkles around the nose and mouth
To ease pain and discomfort, all “XC” formulations contain lidocaine.
Botox is also a minimally invasive procedure for the treatment of wrinkles and fine lines, but it is made from very different ingredients. Botox injections contain botulinum toxin A, a type of neurotoxin, which relaxes and stills muscles in your face. Consequently, your skin appears smoother and wrinkles near the injection site become less noticeable.
Botox is used to treat:
- glabellar lines between the eyebrows
- wrinkles around the eyes (crow’s feet)
- wrinkles on the forehead
- eyelid twitching (blepharospasm)
- crossed eyes (strabismus)
- excessive sweating (hyperhidrosis)
If you or someone you know is looking for an effective, reliable filler to improve their overall appearance, come to Youthfill MD today! Our kind and compassionate professionals are experienced in performing filler injections, so you can feel confident in the hands of an expert. For more information, call our office and get in touch with a member of our specialist team. You can also visit our website or speak with us over the phone to book an appointment today.